Are stress and anxiety running your life? I wonder…
How do you feel when you first wake up in the morning?
- Do you feel refreshed? If you do, how long does that last? When do you stop feeling refreshed? Did you DO something that took away that refreshed feeling?
- Overwhelmed? Why are you feeling overwhelmed when you wake up? What are you thinking about?
- Exhausted thinking about the day ahead of you?
What do you do when you first wake up?
Do you do a meditation to align and balance your energy and start your day more peacefully?
Or do you check your phone for emails and messages and run into your workday before your feet even hit the floor?
Most people wake up and they’re running from task to task. You start with emails, messages, social media, news and your day is busy until when?
You’re getting stuck in go, go, go mode.
By starting your day immediately going into work mode, you’re not giving yourself the space to ease into your work day. Remember – you are here for more than your work.
One of the most important things you can do is create a morning routine that SETS the tone for your day.
What is your current morning routine? Does it set your day up for success? How do you FEEL about it?
Your morning routine SETS the tone for the rest of your day.
IF your morning routine creates more stress and anxiety for you, you’ll notice that carry throughout your day. If you feel calm and peaceful, that will carry through your day and when things come up that throw you out of balance, you’ll handle it better.
How can you start your day feeling balanced, peaceful and calm?
You get to decide how to start your day. When you create a routine that sets the tone for the rest of the day, you’ll feel more balanced as you start the day. This energy can then follow you into your morning at work.
These are the 3 Energy Healing Habits I recommend to my clients to start their day.
- Be intentional with your energy.
Set your alarm clock for 10 minutes before you have to get out of bed.
Allow yourself to wake up and then use this time to:
- Bring in White Light
- Set intentions for the day
- Bring in abundance
- Affirmations such as I am statements – I am peace, I am calm, all is well
If you allow yourself to wake up by doing things that are going to balance your energy, mindset and body, you’ll feel more calm and less rushed as you start your day.
2. Be intentional with your morning routines.
Give yourself ample time to wake up and step into your day. Try no technology the first 30 minutes you are up to allow you to be very present in your morning routines. Don’t rush through and get it all done fast, give yourself time to nurture your body for your workday.
- Wash your face, apply your serums and moisturizer/sunscreen. Be grateful for the day ahead of you, for the things you GET to do. Appreciate your face and it’s features – your eyes allow you to see, you mouth allows you to eat, your nose allows you to smell, etc.
- Get dressed. Choose a color that supports how you’re feeling. Appreciate your body (instead of judging it). Be grateful for your body as it allows you to do the things you want to do.
- Prepare and drink your morning drink. DO NOT just gulp it down. Hold the glass or mug. Appreciate what you’re drinking. If it’s a steamy beverage, breathe in the steam. If it’s room temperature or cold, feel that in your hands. Think about your day – what are you excited to do? What is new? What is habitual? Do you need to schedule another break into your day?
- Eat your breakfast. ENJOY the food, actually chew it and taste it. Be grateful for the food that is nourishing your body. Breathe. Eat. Enjoy. Don’t just grab junk or skip eating all together. What you eat here sets the tone for the rest of your eating habits that day – especially if you didn’t get any protein in your body.
- If you exercise in the morning, be intentional with it. Release any stress or worries as you workout.
By being intentional with your morning routine, you allow yourself to start in a balanced place physically, mentally and energetically. Which is very different from jumping on your phone to check emails, messages, social media and now you’re running late so you’ll grab your drink and food and go. Very different!
3. Be intentional with your thoughts.
Do you take time and energy to actually think about WHAT you think about your day? You should try it. How do you feel about what you’re going to do today? Do these thoughts support you or sabotage you? Most likely, you have certain things you’re going to have to do today no matter what – might as well approach them with the best energy you can.
- Your tasks – what are you excited to do? What do you dread? How can you take on less?
- Who you’ll interact with – how do you FEEL about this? What can you do to create the best outcome?
- The goals you will reach – any big goals you’re going to reach today? Any small ones to start taking to reach bigger goals?
- The impact you will make – what difference are you making with your team? Your friends and family? In the world?
Pay attention to HOW you FEEL about the things you have to do today. They’ll let you know what is going to be easy and what will be hard for you. You want to address the energy around the things that are hard for you to make them easier.
Creating a life you LOVE means not rushing through the day and this starts with having a morning routine that sets the tone for the rest of your day.
Part of your success in creating a morning routine that will start your day off right is balancing your energy when it gets off. Here’s an energy clearing meditation to help you stop stress, anxiety and bad energy. Here’s a meditation to help you raise your vibration.
Now that you know how to create a more peaceful morning routine, tell me below what you’re going to do differently tomorrow morning. I’m cheering you on and can’t wait to hear how you raise your energy vibration in the morning and how it impacts the rest of your day.